OS: Win 3.1x,Win95,Win98,WinME,WinNT 3.x,WinNT 4.x,Windows2000,WinXP,Windows2003,Windows Vista Starter,Windows Vista Home Basic,Windows Vista Home Premium,Windows Vista Business,Windows Vista Enterprise,Windows Vista Ultimate,Windows Vista Home Basic x64,Windows Vista Home Premium x64,Windows Vista Business x64,Windows Vista Enterprise x64,Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Thank you for downloading PLAYE4
Free Download PLAYE4 2.0
Chess is a board game played between two opponents who move their pieces alternately on a chess board. The objective of each player is to place the opponent' s king under attack in such a way that the opponent has no legal countermove. The object of ..
PLAYE4 2.0 Description
" PLAYE4 : Chess is a board game played between two opponents who move their pieces alternately on a chess board. The objective of each player is to place the opponent' s king under attack in such a way that the opponent has no legal countermove. The object of . "
9soft.biz Editor: PLAYE4 - Chess is a board game played between two opponents who move their pieces alternately on a chess board. The objective of each player is to place the opponent' s king under attack in such a way that the opponent has no legal countermove.
The object of the game is to capture and to checkmate the opponent' s king. The player, whose king has been checkmated, loses the game.
It is possible for the game to end with no king being captured, but those are special cases, which will be explained later
The chess board
The chess board There are sixty-four ( 64 ) squares on a Chessboard.
If you play the white pieces, the letters ( files ) are sorted by alphabetical order: A-H.
If you play the black pieces, the letters are sorted in reverse alphabetical order: H-A.
The numbers on the side of the board are called ranks.
If you play the white pieces, they are counted upwards: 1-8.
If you play the black pieces, they are counted downwards: 8-1.
The king can be moved two different ways:
* To any adjoining square, which is not attacked by one or more of the opponent' s pieces.
Castling? the king is transferred from its initial square two or three squares towards the rook, then that rook is transferred to the square the king has just crossed.
Castling must be the first move of the king and the rook of the same color and on the same ranks.
Castling is the only situation where two pieces move at the same time. Castling cannot be made if the king is under attack.
If there are pieces between the rook and the king, the castling is temporarily prevented.
The Queen can be moved to any square along the file, the rank or the diagonal it stands on and it cannot skip over intervening pieces. The Queen can control larger number of squares than any other chess piece, making it the most powerful piece on the board.
The bishop can be moved to any square along the diagonal line it stands on.
PLAYE4 2.0 Related Software
- Tams11 Ur 22.214.171.124 Online version of the ancient game called the Royal game of UR. Each players receives 7 chips. The object of the game is to move all 7 of yours chips from start to home. Landing on your opponent's.....
- xGomoku for PALM 9.2.2 Gomoku is simple and addictive ancient Asia's game, roots of gomoku go back as far as many thousands of years. Game is played between two opponents on a board by making moves with black and white men...
- xLoa for Pocket PC 1.0 Lines of Action is a two-player abstract strategy board game made by Claude Soucie and and described by Sid Sackson.The object of the game is to turn your pieces into one connected unit. The.ile...
- Play Backgammon 3.82 With so many backgammon players out there on the Internet, why should they visit a backgammon portal like Gammon-Paradise? Quite simply because here is where they can get the essential information about....
- Backgammon 1.46 Super-Gammon gives Backgammon players some useful information and tips about how to play a better game on the Internet. This specialist portal concentrates on offering highly practical details that include....
- Tams11 Parchisi 126.96.36.199 Parchisi is the Tams11 online version of the popular board game. 2-4 players compete to move all four of their pawns around to their home spot. If you land on another player's pawn then you send that....
- Mah-Jomino 1.0 Think you know all there is to know about Mahjong? Think Again! Mah-Jomino blends the challenge of Mahjong Dominoes into a unique two-sided mahjong game. Play to uncover the secret whereabouts of twelve...
- Backgammon7 6.0 Play Backgammon online with players from all around the world. Participate in live backgammon matches online. Learn Backgammon Rules and Strategy. Inside you will learn the basic online backgammon rules....
- Adventure & Roleplay
- Casino & Gambling
- Online Gaming
- Puzzle & Word Games
- Strategy & War Games
- Tools & Editors